Saturday, July 24, 2010

Getting There

In case you are really not up to date on my life, I am studying abroad in Costa Rica for the fall semester. I will be leaving on Aug. 2. I really leave on that day before so I can get to Atlanta to catch the plane. Basically, I am going to start (and try to continue to blog each week) so that I can keep everyone informed. Here is what's going on now...
I leave the country in less than one week. Somewhat a weird thought. I have never been out of the country and it's kinda hard to think about something that you never have experienced before. I haven't ever left Knoxville other than vacations and such, so experiencing a new culture, new language, and new people all at once is definitely a lot to take hold of at once. Packing for such an experience is no easy task either. Thinking about 4 months and what all you want to wear and what will be necessary in that time frame is interesting. You have no idea what you're going to be doing/feeling/experiencing, and yet you have to have clothing and various other things packed. I feel like I am having to prepare for any type of situation that could arise, but I don't really ever prepare for things. Then, I have to plan ahead 4 months, which I have never been known to plan more than a few hours in advance. All of it is... I don't want to say overwhelming, but different. I feel like the hardest thing right now is there are just not enough hours in a day to do all I have to get done.
I will get all of ya'll the address of where to send things and more details about how to send stuff cause I know several people have been wanting that sort of thing. Also, everyone should add me on Skype. My Skype name is valen.emmert If ya'll need more information just let me what you need.
PS- before I leave the country... ya'll feel free to give me a call and just remember to keep me and the fam in your prayers and hope that we stay sane as everything kinda comes together here in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment