Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Doing Big Things

First for updates. Today is the one week anniversary of living with my Tico family. They are great. I feel like it has been a lot longer that I have been here in CR. We have done lots of things though. One of the highlights was a late night run to Taco Bell for fiesta fries. Yes, fries at Taco Bell. I think I have tried more new foods in this past week than I ever have before. Everything is delicious! Things from the US that we have that are good, multiply that by deliciousness, freshness & better, and that is the equation for the food down here. I now like coffee. I hate coffee in the states, but here, it's incredible. That horrible after taste thing doesn't exist. The bread here is like mana from heaven that I eat for breakfast along with fruit that is wonderful. I wish I had more adjectives for the food here because really it is incredible. Classes have started, and they meet on a weird schedule for me. They only meet once a week, aside from Spanish which meets everyday. And here, everyday means Mon.-Thurs. because I don't have class on Fridays. That is a fabulous thing I could get used to. This weekend I think some friends and I are heading to Manuel Antonio, which is a beach next to the rainforest. Basically, it is the best of both worlds. I supposedly will see monkeys & sloths roaming around in trees as I sit on the decks of restaurants there. I watched Ice Age last night on my computer just to see Sid the Sloth, so I would know what to look for this weekend. It should be, from everything I have heard a weekend filled with lots of sun and lots of pictures.
As for the address that some of ya'll keep looking for, here it is...
If you wanna send stuff make sure you put on the package somewhere "FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY- NO COMMERCIAL VALUE"
And, just for the record things take about 2-3 to arrive here.
NAME OF STUDENT
Seccion de Movilidad Estudanil
Ofincina de Asuntos Internaccionales y Coooperacion Externa
Universidad de Costa Rica
Cuidad Universitaria Rodrigo Facio
Apartado postal: 11501-2060
San Pedro, Montes de Oca
San Jose, Costa Rica

No comments:

Post a Comment